Have you been looking for a book to help you engage with a number of current or recent events and issues? As long as you are not looking for much more than an introduction, this will be a great book for you. Al Mohler tackles a broad range of topics in this book. They run the gamut from public law to terrorism to natural disasters to retirement and many other topics as well. This is a book of essays so if you are looking for a book with a single thesis and a traditional structure you won’t find that in this book. What you will find is a helpful introduction and engagement with a number of difficult issues from a Christian perspective.
- Easy to read without being simplistic
- A good introduction to Christian thinking on a wide variety of pertinent topics
- The short essays are easy to digest and make this a great book to grab when you only have a few spare minutes to read because you can typically get through a chapter quickly
- Steady and firm Christian thinking on each topic presented
What doesn’t work as well-
- These are introductory essays. If you are looking for more depth you will be disappointed.
- A stronger introduction and conclusion to tie everything together would make the book feel less disjointed
Overall, this book is definitely worth picking up if you want a good introduction to Christian thinking on a number of tough recent issues but it is weakened slightly by a lacking introduction and an absent conclusion.
I received a copy of this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review.